Fresh water is a huge problem in some of our Schools around Hluhluwe. Thanks to our Dandelion sponsors Charlotte and Jan Peter Pärson, Hluhluwe Public School now has a couple of extra tanks to collect rainwater in, and that has solved their problem. In this short video the Principal of Hluhluwe Public School shows us the solution and also explains his gratitude.
– We want to help, but don´t feel comfortable within the existing Charity and Aid Organizations, Mari and Christofer Freidlitz say.
– We want our money to go directly to South Africa, and in Dandelion we trust. They are fully transparent.
– What suits us is the personal commitment, that you ”get” a child, and can follow and communicate with him or her. And you can actually go and meet your Dandelion child.
– If you have the opportunity to join a sponsor trip, just do it – it will be unforgettable!
Christofers Company is also involved as a sponsor.
– It is nice to gather around a project like this at work. It is with pride we have the Dandelion logo on our website!
On the picture you see Christofer and Mari with ”their” children Nqobile Nsele and Sihle Mthembu. Or…? Well, there was a little bit of confusion when the photosession took place. This was the first meeting between sponsors and children at our first sponsor trips, and there was another Nqobile in the same school, whose sponsor did not attend this trip. So that’s why Nqobile Madonsela between Mari and Christofer looks a little bit bewildered. But the misstake was soon sorted out.
Her name is Charlotte Pärson (everyone says Lotta), and she is our new CFO (Chief Financial Officer). Lotta has recently retired as a Controller/Auditor and will from now on help us in Dandelion with financial issues. This is how she looks
Our trip with the sponsors from Sweden was a big success! We discovered Johannesburg, took a bike tour in Soweto, visited Vineyards in Stellenbosch, learned Capetown and visited Cape of Good Hope.
But the highlight was of course when we met our Dandelion kids i Hluhluwe, and made an excursion together to Cape Vidal. An unforgettable memory for everybody. Here we are all gathered on the Indian Ocean beach, which most of the kids never had seen before…
It took almost a year, but now we have it – the Dandelion car!
We have learned that everything takes a little bit longer in South Africa. To be able to rent this car for a long time, among other things, company records and signatures of all Board members were required…
That’s why Nokwe, Anders, Noluthando and Kjell look so happy!
Every schoolyear, Nokwe and Noluthando from Star for Life gather all our caretakers in the Dandelion project for a seminar in Hluhluwe. In addition to Nokwe and Noluthando informing about our project, lectures from the police, schools, goverment authorities etc are invited to give relevant information. For many of the caretakers, this could be the only opportunity to visit the small town of Hluhluwe, and they all come in their finest clothes.
This time Kjell and Anders could participate, and here you can see all of them together.